Thursday, October 29, 2009

That's disgustin!

Grandma Eva gave us a beautiful pumpkin while we were at her house last weekend.

She had quite a few on her porch and because Christopher was screaming "I don't want to go home!!!" (at the top of his lungs) she was generous enough to let him and his cousins pick one out. On the way home he dropped it in the car and the stem broke clean off. For days this thing has been oozing pumpkin juice all over the place. The only thing left to do - CARVE IT UP!!

I turned on some Christmas music (What! I like Christmas music!) and carved a hole in the top.

I gave Christopher a big spoon and let him go at it.


Unfortunately, the spoon wasn't working too well, so I suggested he use his hands.

Well, you remember this post, right? He stuck his hand in that pumpkin, screamed, and declared "Dats disgustin!!"

So, my hands got pretty messy. I don't mind though. There is nothing like the smell of pumpkin innards. Mmmm.

I carved a very boring, typical pumpkin and told Christopher to make a scary face next to it.



We then, of course, had to try it out in the dark.


Oooooo! Pretty scary huh?

I think I (I mean WE) did a pretty good job.

1 comment:

Aggieland Mom said...

Hi Garlicks! I found you through Shannon Blacks blog who is sis-in-law and bff of my new friend and next-door nieghbor Sarise. Crazy huh? Always great to find old Burg friends, eh? Cute blog! Your boys are adorable.

-Nicole Courtright

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin