"Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all thirty feet tall." Larry Wilde
So, because Christopher is really getting the hang of Christmas this year, I was thinking: Wow, wouldn't it be nice to have a big Christmas tree this year. All the ornaments, all the bows, and the beautiful star on top. Of course, we don't have enough money for that this year and children always have a way of putting you in your place. When Chris and I were all done putting up the tree (I think it literally took us 5 minutes. ha ha), I began to wonder if it looked too much like the Charlie Brown tree. However, Christopher simply looked at it with amazement and said : "Wow Mommy! That is a BIIIIIIIG Christmas tree! It's so pretty." How wonderful are little children in reminding us that Christmas isn't about the big and the beautiful, but the little Christmas magic we create as a family.

So, because Christopher is really getting the hang of Christmas this year, I was thinking: Wow, wouldn't it be nice to have a big Christmas tree this year. All the ornaments, all the bows, and the beautiful star on top. Of course, we don't have enough money for that this year and children always have a way of putting you in your place. When Chris and I were all done putting up the tree (I think it literally took us 5 minutes. ha ha), I began to wonder if it looked too much like the Charlie Brown tree. However, Christopher simply looked at it with amazement and said : "Wow Mommy! That is a BIIIIIIIG Christmas tree! It's so pretty." How wonderful are little children in reminding us that Christmas isn't about the big and the beautiful, but the little Christmas magic we create as a family.
8 comments:
Awwww Kristin! Adorable!
Its true. When people used to ask if I still believed in Santa Clause I would always say, "I believe in the magic of Santa Clause," because it really is all about what we create for ourselves as well as our families. Good thought. Miss you!
That is an awesome post. It is so true though. Children are so amazing, they care more about the little things rather than the big things.
You guys are such a cute little family.
It could be the pregnancy talking here, but that little story seriously brought me to tears! Those precious moments make it all worth it don't they?
That's awesome how Christopher made you feel good. It doesn't matter about what we have, and I'm sure kids really help you remember that. The tree looks good, and it's hilarious he has no pants on, AGAIN.
PRECIOUS!
That is the most beautiful, biggest- littlest tree ever! Children make Christmas awesome!
That is precious. I didn't even scroll down to look at the picture of the tree until I finished reading the post so it cracked me up.
Post a Comment