Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Biker Chick

Today I was reminiscing on pregnancies (okay pregnancy) past since our new little one is coming in a couple weeks. I have one regret about the day I delivered Christopher. Let me explain. The day I went into labor with Christopher was the longest day ever. The hospital kept sending me home because they had so many women in delivery. They told me to go home and get some sleep. Ha ha! What? So, I went home, and got in the bath to try and relax away my contractions. Well, at about 2:00 in the morning I was through. I said "Davin, we are going back!" Well, I just threw on some clothes and shoes and got into the car with soaking wet hair. Well, let's just say my wardrobe choice was not the best.

This was the shirt I wore:


It has sentimental value cause I got it from an old boss after he went to the Sturgis Biker Rally. I do not wear this shirt in public!

These look kind of like the ugly grey sweat pants I was wearing:



These are the shoes I stuffed my feet into:



This is seriously what my wet hair looked like:



Basically, I felt like this when I arrived at the hospital:


All I needed was a beer and a cigarette. Ha ha!

So my plan this time is to look like this:



Radiant, beautiful, and ready to quickly deliver my little bundle of joy. Sigh. I don't think it will happen either.

7 comments:

Mark&Noelle Taylor said...

if you go to the hospital looking so good they will probably send you home again it was because you looed desperate that they finally let you stay last time.he he I feel the same way though finally on my 3rd child I got to arrive with my hair and mae up looking good and it was only becasue they started me. but it was so worth it I felt not so yucky after labor.

John and Tawnya Hoover said...

YOure so stinkin cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kristin I love you!

Anonymous said...

I vowed (after seeing pics of me after my first delivery) that I would beautiful after #2- and I was! (wow, sound kindof vain don't I!)

West Family said...

Your are so funny! I will give you some hope! My second delivery was 100X better then my first. I looked better and everything else went wonderfully. I must admit I think it also helped that I was at a bigger and better hopsital this time. :)

Shayla said...

HAHAHA wow. Things single people never think of. I might laugh about this post forever. First of all, I don't think you are capable of looking bad (I've seen you first thing in the morning.) And secondly, HAHAHAHAHA. Okay, no secondly, just had to get another laugh in. :)

Kimberly said...

You are so funny!! Good luck with that model looking pregnant thing (not that I am saying you couldn't pull it off). Make sure you post some pictures of you when you deliver so I can see how it turns out!!
I will have to learn from your mistake and remember that for when I have to go through it! Thanks!

I can't believe that you are going to have another one so soon! Do you feel ready? I hope that you are doing good!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin