Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hello out there!

So, ya.

It's been a long time since I posted.

Let me explain.

Tax season (never seeing our Daddy) + 3 sick boys (including poor Daddy) + anemic Mommy = we are so in need of a trip to Hawaii.

Mommy has been so tired

that I think our healthy snacks have been going out the window lately.
Christopher was getting a little too fond of alphabet cookies.
Then, the other day I pulled out this cookie.

Uh oh.
You're right Mr. Alphabet Cookie.
You're right.
So, he got some carrots instead.

I have been beyond exhausted lately, but that didn't stop me from having a little fun.


Grandma and Grandpa Garlick came to visit this past weekend. I have only one picture because 1. I'm just TIRED (have I mentioned that yet :) ) 2. When I am enjoying myself I forget to take pictures :) We had such a nice time though and we LOVED having them come see us.

I also did a little something to the bathroom upstairs. I was getting a little sick of this shower curtain we had in there. It was shiny, it was red, it was beaded, and it was starting to remind me of a saloon girl.


So, I put together a shelf unit, grabbed some fun, thrifted accessories, some metallic spray paint and went to town. (please forgive the yucky pictures - my camera hates dark rooms)

NEVER buy metallic spray paint. It is so cool and so addicting your whole house may get coated in it. Anyways, it turned out nice. Nothing too fancy, but definitely better than saloon girl.

So, what have you been up to??

4 comments:

Adam and Christine Jardine said...

Thanks for asking. I've been feeling like you- tired, worn out, and exhausted. My sweet husband has also been working crazy hours, then out every night doing ward mission stuff (by the end of April we wil have 18 convert baptisms in 8 months!) So I am taking matters into my own hands and planning a trip. Just me and him. In Vegas. Nothing but sleeping in, eating out and time at the temple. Just wanted you to know, I feel your pain! And if you want to join us in Vegas we got a sweet hotel deal.

Sarah said...

I have been wondering where you have been. Glad you're still alive, but sorry you are sick & tired... I can feel ya on the tired part. Hopefully, it will slightly alter as soon as baby #2 gets here. (Meaning, I will have some energy back but still be tired). Love your cute decor deals. You are so savvy and smart.

Kimberly said...

I am sorry about the anemia thing. What does that mean exactly and do you just have to deal with it or can the doctors do something?

I love your bathroom. I am so excited to be able to have a house someday to do cool things to, and maybe you will just have to help me decorate!

Eva said...

The bathroom looked great! Now I understand Chris' comment about it when we first went upstairs. He said something like, "My bathroom is really awesome!"

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin