Monday, March 22, 2010

You there?

I'm back.
I think.
The sickness has left our house and we are all still a little tired (with the mom being the most tired).
I am still trying to deal with my anemia and now with a new problem.
A little, round cheeked, blue eyed problem.

The baby.


When Andy was born I thought Oh good. A calm one. A snuggly one. And, he was pretty calm for most of his little life . . . . until he learned to walk.
Now he is the terror of the home - pulling everything out of drawers, closets, cabinets, laundry baskets. He searches the home for his next victims to plunge into the toilet. He has temper tantrums that would make a 2 year old take note. Sigh.


The other day we went outside and he found a spoon I let Christopher use to dig in the dirt with. He had fun with it for awhile, hitting the pavement


and anyone else who got in the way.


Then, he noticed the window well that we haven't gotten a cover for yet. I was right on him, grabbing it from his little fingers.
Immediate tantrum.
Too bad! I'm the mom. I'm boss! HA!
I turned around for a second, the spoon hanging loosely from my fingertips.
SNATCH!
PLUNK!!
There it lies in its' window well grave.


His little face had a look of Now, what are you going to do about that!!?

Honestly, I don't know :)

Parenthood is THE craziest thing I will ever do.
Those kids can drive you completely crazy!


And yet, you are crazy in love with them.

Please, someone tell me how this works???

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I right there with ya, it's CRAZY! I don't get how we can still love these little guys so much!

Marilou said...

good to see you back :) I love that first picture of Andrew. He may be fiesty...but at least he is cute, right?

Ken and Jos said...

I'm sorry you have been sick. Anemia?? Yuck!! Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

I haven't figured out how to do it either. sigh. The love is there. The sanity is not.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin