Saturday, September 5, 2009

Alright, I admit it . . . .


As a mom, I wonder sometimes - What would a day be like without the kids! Just one day to myself.

Living away from family makes it hard to ever make that a reality.

Well, this weekend I have (sort of ) been able to get a taste of it. Christopher went camping with Grandma and Grandpa and some aunts and uncles.

I haven't been away from this boy for more than a day since he was born and it is killing me. Not hearing that little voice, seeing those big eyes, and holding that little hand makes this mom (dare I say it) a little lonely for that crazy kid.

I think the saying is true that when you have a child it's like your heart is forever walking outside of your body.

I am grateful for my kids.
That wish to be left in peace will probably never go away (ha ha) , but the knowing that I can't live without my kids will not.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I totally understand how you feel! It's hard to do the overnight thing, but I must admit I love a few hours here and there when I get to do something without the kids:0) By the way, I'm a slacker and haven't been keeping up on your blog . . . does that mean you are in Blackfoot already? Are you sad, happy . . ? I know that moving is no fun, but what brought this about? Hope you are happy and all is well. I was just talking with Rodney this morning about how disappointed I was that we didn't get to move to the Portland area. But I do love it here, there is so much to do with the kids- as I'm sure you found there.

Scott Pot said...

Okay, so sometimes I wonder what a day would be like with kids--not without. My imagination is pathetic though.

I hope everything went well with the move.

Thanks for maintaining your fun blog.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin