I hate that I do this.
In the summer I want winter.
In the winter I want summer.
Make up your mind!!
I hate bundling up the children just to go get the mail.


Andy wants his hat on and will scream until it is in place.

Christopher refuses to wear his hat because he hates the feel of it on his ears.

I barely get any coat on before they are running out the garage and onto the slippery ice patches on my driveway.
Yesterday I fell on the ice and scraped my hand raw just trying to get over to my neighbors house.
We live in a townhouse.
They live literally 5 steps away.
Winter also makes me turn into an old lady.
I sit by the heater and crochet.
If I had a cat it would be in my lap purring.
I did crochet something pretty fun the other day though.
I decided to make a pouf ottoman.
Have you seen these things?!
I love them.
However, I don't love them enough to pay $600 for one.
Seriously, that's how much they cost.
Soooo, I made my own.

Not as pretty, not as perfect, but really fun.
I am also redecorating my family room, but that is a blog for another time.
Winter also produces a lot of these.

Ugh.
Why do I do it?
I don't need these.
Especially if I am going to sit around crocheting.
Summer we miss you.
(If I write a blog post in the summer about wishing for winter - just slap me)
In the winter I want summer.
Make up your mind!!
I hate bundling up the children just to go get the mail.


Andy wants his hat on and will scream until it is in place.

Christopher refuses to wear his hat because he hates the feel of it on his ears.

I barely get any coat on before they are running out the garage and onto the slippery ice patches on my driveway.
Yesterday I fell on the ice and scraped my hand raw just trying to get over to my neighbors house.
We live in a townhouse.
They live literally 5 steps away.
Winter also makes me turn into an old lady.
I sit by the heater and crochet.
If I had a cat it would be in my lap purring.
I did crochet something pretty fun the other day though.
I decided to make a pouf ottoman.
Have you seen these things?!
I love them.
However, I don't love them enough to pay $600 for one.
Seriously, that's how much they cost.
Soooo, I made my own.

Not as pretty, not as perfect, but really fun.
I am also redecorating my family room, but that is a blog for another time.
Winter also produces a lot of these.

Ugh.
Why do I do it?
I don't need these.
Especially if I am going to sit around crocheting.
Summer we miss you.
(If I write a blog post in the summer about wishing for winter - just slap me)
7 comments:
You've always been that way!
I love this post!! I feel the same way sort of-but I don't usually want winter. I just really want summer to come right now! The thing in winter for me is that I feel guilty about how much I didn't enjoy summer when it was here, and I feel bad about when I complained that it was hot because now that's all I really want is for it to be hot :)!
Oh winter. I am ready for it to be over as well! At least in summer it doesn't take 20 minutes to get ready to go outside. Can't wait to feel warm!
HA HA HA!!! HIlarious! I've probably fallen on the ice and snow like 20 times already this year.
See, you WERE doing something: a pouf ottoman. So dang cute!! I never wish for winter in the summer, but always start wishing for warm weather in January.
That ottoman and those cookies both look awesome! I may have to get my girls to make me some of those cookies tomorrow because now I'll be craving some until I get them! So yum.
p.s. PLEASE be careful out there on the ice!!
Oh Gerb, you definitely know about slipping on ice! You poor girl!!
Post a Comment