What HAVE we been up to??
Not much. Nooooot much.
We've been enjoying the last little bits of fall.
What a great autumn season this has been for our lil' Idaho.
Idaho doesn't usually believe in fall.
This year she was more in the spirit. Hooray!
The boys enjoy riding their bikes together in this crisp fall air.

Christopher likes singing as he rides.

Andy likes practicing his mean biker face.

I had some leftover apples and decided to make some applesauce.

So yummy!
And, the aroma it creates in your house is perfect for a crisp fall day.
I've been learning a lot about Christopher and his challenges and his many strengths. I've been reading a great book that has FINALLY been positive and has given me something to be hopeful about.
Most others are pretty gloomy if I do say.
It's called The Out of Sync Child.

Wonderful.
If you have ever had any concerns about your child and their sensory issues it is a wonderful resource.
I've been refurbishing some old tables for our bedroom. Just because we don't have money RIGHT now for bedroom furniture doesn't mean we can't have some semblance of a bedroom!
I transformed an old side table that I got from my grandmother's house when we first married.

Lots and lots of dents, dings, scrapes, and MEMORIES.
I couldn't bear to part with her.
So after a little TLC, some paint, and a pretty glass knob,

she is looking so lovely.

My parents also gave me a table they had had in their home for a long time.
Sorry, no before picture.
It also had some issues, but after some paint she was looking bright and charming.

So, our bedroom has some new life.
Now we just need bedding, bed skirt, lamps, dresser, etc. etc. etc.
Ha ha.
We will get their someday.
Davin has been fitting comfortably into his football watching.

Christopher was asking me the other day what holiday was everyone's favorite. His was Halloween (whatever holiday is the closest). Mine was Christmas (even though everyone knows I am a lover of all holidays). Christopher said that Andy's favorite holiday was probably Christmas too. Then, we got to Daddy. Hmmmmmm. "I think Daddy likes football holiday." Yes, Christopher, I think you are right.
What's your favorite holiday??
We've been enjoying the last little bits of fall.
What a great autumn season this has been for our lil' Idaho.
Idaho doesn't usually believe in fall.
This year she was more in the spirit. Hooray!
The boys enjoy riding their bikes together in this crisp fall air.

Christopher likes singing as he rides.

Andy likes practicing his mean biker face.

I had some leftover apples and decided to make some applesauce.

So yummy!
And, the aroma it creates in your house is perfect for a crisp fall day.
I've been learning a lot about Christopher and his challenges and his many strengths. I've been reading a great book that has FINALLY been positive and has given me something to be hopeful about.
Most others are pretty gloomy if I do say.
It's called The Out of Sync Child.

Wonderful.
If you have ever had any concerns about your child and their sensory issues it is a wonderful resource.
I've been refurbishing some old tables for our bedroom. Just because we don't have money RIGHT now for bedroom furniture doesn't mean we can't have some semblance of a bedroom!
I transformed an old side table that I got from my grandmother's house when we first married.

Lots and lots of dents, dings, scrapes, and MEMORIES.
I couldn't bear to part with her.
So after a little TLC, some paint, and a pretty glass knob,

she is looking so lovely.

My parents also gave me a table they had had in their home for a long time.
Sorry, no before picture.
It also had some issues, but after some paint she was looking bright and charming.

So, our bedroom has some new life.
Now we just need bedding, bed skirt, lamps, dresser, etc. etc. etc.
Ha ha.
We will get their someday.
Davin has been fitting comfortably into his football watching.

Christopher was asking me the other day what holiday was everyone's favorite. His was Halloween (whatever holiday is the closest). Mine was Christmas (even though everyone knows I am a lover of all holidays). Christopher said that Andy's favorite holiday was probably Christmas too. Then, we got to Daddy. Hmmmmmm. "I think Daddy likes football holiday." Yes, Christopher, I think you are right.
What's your favorite holiday??
3 comments:
Those tables look great! Wow that glass knob sure adds a lot to grandma's old table. I love the singing on the bike. Shows he is enjoying it!
You have amazing talent for "reviving" old things!! and I am sooo glad you talked about this new book you found. I am going to buy it. Today :)
Halloween!!! Love Fall, love the time of year, and love the holiday it brings. I love, LOVE, LoVe your tables - you are so great at refurbishing things! I guess I'm just too lazy to make great things like you do.
Post a Comment