Davin went to New Jersey with his parents and all his siblings to meet his sister in laws family.
They spent a couple days in New York City and had a blast!
I was so sad I couldn't be there, but I am fairly confident that they would have had to push my pregnant self around in a wagon the whole time.
They all were pretty warn out from ALLLLL that walking.
So glad they all had fun together (hard not to have fun with his awesome family!).
The boys got some fish.
Something Christopher has been wanting for a long time.
He loves animals and enjoys taking care of things.
Andy's fish died the second day. He ran into my room and said, "Mom, my fishy is out of batteries!"
Sure enough.
He was completely out. Ha ha. Poor Andy.
They are enjoying Christopher's fish (Rosie) and do a good job helping me clean and feed her.
We have loved having a few good days of weather.
Eating peanut butter sandwiches on the porch in their underwear. So glad we have awesome neighbors who don't mind :)
I bought them a cheap swimming pool and some water guns the day it got up to 95.
They had so much fun!
Then, Idaho decided to remind me that I live IN Idaho and there was a rain and wind storm that night. Despite putting things on the pool to weigh it down, those ridiculous winds blew our pool far far far away. Not a pool in sight. Grrrrrr.
What a shock that was the next day. Andy is still searching our yard for that pool :(
Christopher has been doing some awesome things at therapy.
He has started horse therapy!!!
So exciting!
He really really loves it and these beautiful animals are helping him with anxiety, balance, self awareness, and so much more. (sorry for the blurry picture. it was taken from one of his therapist's cell phones)
His physical therapist also spent months and months teaching him how to ride a bike and then to ride a bike without training wheels. He is doing so great!!
We feel so blessed to receive therapy.
I know plenty of Asperger kids who never learn to ride a bike.
We never take for granted the simple things that Christopher is achieving.
Such an amazing lesson for any parent.
The boys have so much fun riding outside with their little neighbor buddy.
What have you been up to so far?




1 comment:
That's awesome Davin got to see NY! I would be jealous, too. It looks like you've done some fun things so far this summer. I love the comment about the fish running out of batteries, that is too cute! Ha, ha. I'm sorry I missed your baby shower :-( YW is definitely time consuming sometimes. I hope you had fun and got some fun things.
Post a Comment