Friday, April 1, 2011

Things We Love Lately . . . . .

We loved looking out the window today and seeing SUN.


S-U-N-S-H-I-N-E. Such a beautiful thing.

So, because we loved it so much we spent most of the day outside. While we were outside, Andy did something that I am loving lately. TALKING. Nonstop.

Since the second we stepped out the door he was following Christopher around chatting it up.


He looked and sounded as though he was solving the greatest mysteries of all time.


I think he is.
Too bad I can't understand half of what he was saying.
Even when Christopher went inside for a potty break the kid still kept talking


- shouting to him through the door :)


We love us some strawberries. I don't eat them too much because of the price, but when we do we enjoy them thoroughly.
I found one as big as my cell phone the other day.


It was fantastic! Christopher is a little obsessed with the giant food in the movie "Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs" so this strawberry was the best thing EVER.



We love the Jimmer.


We miss the Jimmer.
In case you didn't know, my husband is the biggest BYU fan ever.
I was putting away his t-shirts the other day and counted 15 BYU shirts.


So . . . . ya, we miss the Jimmer :)


I love my new dining room set.

We decided that after 6 years of sitting at our tiny table, plates touching, legs being kicked, no room for guests . . it was time to say goodbye to our old one. I'm kind of a sentimental baby about things. We got that table for our wedding and we had our first married meals (yikes) at that table. My babies colored their first pictures on that table . . . . (tears). BUT, my new table is awesome! It can be pulled out to fit 6 or more people (that's gigantic to us). So, we are loving it and we can now have people over for dinner.
Come on over!


I also love my new family room.


We took our huge couch and huge bookshelves downstairs and painted over our orange wall. We bought some super cheapo used couches, lots of thrifted things, and made it into a much better looking space. (All of you amazing house decorating people please try to muffle your laughter.) It may not be amazing but I had fun trying to make it look nice for super duper cheap.


I love that Andy calls Christopher - BUDDY.


Don't know how he came up with that.
I hear "Buddy!" being shouted throughout the house and it makes me so happy.


One more thing we love.
We love that we were approved for a government program that will pay for Christopher's therapy for at least 2 years.(therapy is EXPENSIVE! Holy cow!) Everyone told us that we wouldn't get it. I went to every terrible interview, turned in stacks of paperwork, went from doctor to doctor getting referrals . . . . and we got it.
Another little miracle in our lives.



What are you loving lately?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am loving your living room, and your table. And your awesome photography (but that's kinda a given)

seriously--we are still bumping knees and must eat on the couch if anyone visits because our table is tiny. Barely fits 4. where did you get it????

Kristin said...

Tiffany - we got our table at a wonderful furniture store . . . owned by my father :) Catmull's Furniture in Idaho Falls

Amber said...

SPRING!

Kristin said...

Amber- I am lovin spring too. I just wish Idaho would make up her mind about whether or not to let spring STAY! I'm sure your corner of the world is much lovelier than ours at the moment :)

Ken and Jos said...

The table is DARLING!!!

Sarah said...

Love your new digs, and your sweet boys. What a fun phase. And can I just say, Uh-huh! to the SUNSHINE. Yippeeee.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin