I believe in miracles.
My boy has been the recipient of so many.
This month we have had an abundance.
My heart is absolutely bursting.
Miracle #1
Christopher was missing going to preschool and was having a hard time getting over the big change of his old teacher moving away.
We couldn't find any open preschools and we were just accepting the fact that he would be done with preschool for the rest of the year.
My sweet neighbor decided to start a preschool this fall and wanted to do a "trial run" for a few months.
She called and asked if Christopher would be interested.
YES!
He is there with 3 adorable little girls and he is having a blast.

It's small, close, fun, and he has a teacher who understands his needs.
We are blessed.
Miracle #2
We have been trying to get into an AMAZING therapy center catering to autistic children here in town called Camp Hippo.
This place has so much for the kids to learn and do.
Horses, climbing walls, crafts, you name it - they've got it.


I've been on the waiting list for months and we weren't moving up the list any time soon.
Living in a small town there are VERY limited resources and this camp is FULL.
Well, guess who came into my husband's firm looking for someone to handle their books!?
The owners of this camp.
Davin's wonderful bosses handed this job over to him and now he gets to meet with them on a regular basis.
Davin told them about our Christopher and they told him "He's in."
HE IS IN.
We are blessed.
Miracle #3
We have been worried about what to do with Christopher for school.
We are worried that he may get lost in the public schools and that it may be too overwhelming.
We even considered home schooling.
Yikes (scared me to death)
I found out about a wonderful charter school in town.

Small classrooms, lots of technology (christopher's love), lots of one on one attention = What we need!
They choose the students by lottery. Basically, Christopher's name had to be randomly chosen from a sea of hundreds of names. Oh, and the brother's and sisters of children already attending get picked first. Annnnnd, even after all that his name ended up on a huge list of "maybe we can fit one more??" and they selected him.
The school told us that basically it was a miracle he got in.
We are blessed.
Miracles.
This little boy has things to do in this big world.
We are grateful for everything the Lord has provided for us in our journey.
This month we have had an abundance.
My heart is absolutely bursting.
Miracle #1
Christopher was missing going to preschool and was having a hard time getting over the big change of his old teacher moving away.
We couldn't find any open preschools and we were just accepting the fact that he would be done with preschool for the rest of the year.
My sweet neighbor decided to start a preschool this fall and wanted to do a "trial run" for a few months.
She called and asked if Christopher would be interested.
YES!
He is there with 3 adorable little girls and he is having a blast.

It's small, close, fun, and he has a teacher who understands his needs.
We are blessed.
Miracle #2
We have been trying to get into an AMAZING therapy center catering to autistic children here in town called Camp Hippo.
This place has so much for the kids to learn and do.
Horses, climbing walls, crafts, you name it - they've got it.


I've been on the waiting list for months and we weren't moving up the list any time soon.
Living in a small town there are VERY limited resources and this camp is FULL.
Well, guess who came into my husband's firm looking for someone to handle their books!?
The owners of this camp.
Davin's wonderful bosses handed this job over to him and now he gets to meet with them on a regular basis.
Davin told them about our Christopher and they told him "He's in."
HE IS IN.
We are blessed.
Miracle #3
We have been worried about what to do with Christopher for school.
We are worried that he may get lost in the public schools and that it may be too overwhelming.
We even considered home schooling.
Yikes (scared me to death)
I found out about a wonderful charter school in town.

Small classrooms, lots of technology (christopher's love), lots of one on one attention = What we need!
They choose the students by lottery. Basically, Christopher's name had to be randomly chosen from a sea of hundreds of names. Oh, and the brother's and sisters of children already attending get picked first. Annnnnd, even after all that his name ended up on a huge list of "maybe we can fit one more??" and they selected him.
The school told us that basically it was a miracle he got in.
We are blessed.
Miracles.
This little boy has things to do in this big world.
We are grateful for everything the Lord has provided for us in our journey.
Did you know?
April 2nd is World Autism Awareness Day.
I used to wonder what it meant to be "aware of autism."
Does it mean give money?
Does it mean to take a moment and think "Wow, glad that's not me!"
(that's seriously what I thought :) )
I found a new meaning of being aware and I hope you will share it with me.
Autism Awareness means being aware of what autism is.
Believe me, I am still on this path of learning.
It means taking a moment in the store when you see that screaming child and not judge.
It means taking a moment to realize that the spectrum is HUGE and you NEVER know who suffers from it, or who does not know that their loved one is on the spectrum.
My son has been blessed to be on the high functioning end of the spectrum. He has the ability to tell me that he loves me and I am incredibly thankful for that. So many parents would give anything to hear those words.
Autism Awareness means thinking of everyone in a new light even if they do not suffer from autism.
EVERYONE is on a journey.
Let's all take a moment to be aware of the ones around us and offer our patience and love.
I used to wonder what it meant to be "aware of autism."Does it mean give money?
Does it mean to take a moment and think "Wow, glad that's not me!"
(that's seriously what I thought :) )
I found a new meaning of being aware and I hope you will share it with me.
Autism Awareness means being aware of what autism is.
Believe me, I am still on this path of learning.
It means taking a moment in the store when you see that screaming child and not judge.
It means taking a moment to realize that the spectrum is HUGE and you NEVER know who suffers from it, or who does not know that their loved one is on the spectrum.
My son has been blessed to be on the high functioning end of the spectrum. He has the ability to tell me that he loves me and I am incredibly thankful for that. So many parents would give anything to hear those words.
Autism Awareness means thinking of everyone in a new light even if they do not suffer from autism.
EVERYONE is on a journey.
Let's all take a moment to be aware of the ones around us and offer our patience and love.
9 comments:
you are wonderful! Maybe I need to look at the miracles in my life (and actually think of them as miracles)
Thanks!
Wow, you are sooo blessed! That is great! I'm happy for you and your family ;-) Love ya!
Your post brought a tear. Those things sure help us to know that Heavenly Father does know us and our needs individually. I enjoy keeping up with you and yours on your blog.
My heart lept in my chest!!!! I am SOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!! Truly a miracle/blessing!!! Things always work out if we have the faith :)
YAY! I am so happy for you guys. Probably all those miracles took a huge load off your chest. The Lord truly does listen to our prayers and answers them in time! So does he start the charter school in the fall? And is the camp thing, just for the summer?
I bet Chris is loving spending time with little girls in preschool--he's probably quite the charmer--I know that he is with me :)!!
Kim - I don't know if you will see this answer if I write it on here? Never know what to do! Ha ha. Christopher will start the charter school in the fall and the Camp Hippo is year round. It's not really a camp, I guess. It's occupational and speech therapy disguised as fun activities :)
Thanks for sharing your miracles. I am so glad that these things all came together. :) I appreciate the perspective too.
Good post! So happy for you. :) And yes, Autism Awareness Day has a whole new meaning for us, doesn't it?
Inspiring. I love it. I see miracles every day, too, and I love hearing about them.
Post a Comment