Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Things We Love Lately

Oh man, today has been one of those days.
I really just need to get over myself and realize that I really do love my life and the things and people in it!

Here goes . . .

I love damask.
Have I mentioned that before ;)
I have a serious love affair with the stuff and I need some serious help.

I spray painted this salt shaker white

and I was planning on leaving it . . . white.
Found a damask vinyl sticker in my drawer.
Oops. How did it end up on that salt shaker??

My little sister (not so little anymore - she's 20 years old! what?) gives me her old clothes.
She's still trendy and cute and likes to help out her frumpy sister every once in awhile.
Thank you.
She gave me this damask jacket!!


Hello!
Was this thing made for me or what!!
This is the only reason I am sad that summer has finally showed its' face.

You want to know how addicted I am to damask?? I actually got some pink and brown damask fabric to make a baby blanket for my baby girl. Do you see the problem here!! I don't have a baby girl. I may never have a girl. I guess whoever can convince me that they love damask as much as I do may get it for a baby present.


Andy loves spying on our neighbors.



I love my lilac scented candle.


I want to plant a whole field of lilac bushes in my yard.
Not gonna happen in this little yard.
Until that day comes I have this lovely smelling candle.
It also used to be my moms' candle. It reminds me of home. Sigh.


Christopher is still loving his swimming lessons.



I love that the people who sold us their house left these beautiful flowers that bloom every summer.


I'm guessing they are lilies? Am I right?


I love this little handful.


He has Davin and I doubled over with laughter every day.


Doesn't everybody think their kids are the cutest and the funniest and the smartest. Funny how that works.


See, this post already made me feel better.

What do you love lately?

9 comments:

Julie said...

I love your blog!!! :)

Kimberly said...

I love the things that you love. Thanks for sharing them with us. What can we do together so that you don't have to love damask to much :)??

amy_marshlain-tillman said...

I am also a HUGE fan of damask! I found a roll of black and white damask wrapping paper at Target recently in the $1 section! I was beyond elated!!! I was so excited to show my husband when he got home...And he just didn't get it. So, I thought I'd share my joy with you :)!

Kristin said...

Julie - Thank you!!

Kim - Lets get together! Help me Kim. Help me!

Amy - Great find!! Thanks for sharing your joy :)

Ken and Jos said...

I'm obsessed with Damask too!!!

Adam and Christine Jardine said...

Hey I have girls. . . I love damask. . . I'll let you know when little girl #4 is around the corner. I've decided it's inevitable.

Kristin said...

Josilyn - I'm glad you like damask too. We must be related :)

Christine - Your next baby is going to be a boy. I just know it!! ha ha

Mark&Noelle Taylor said...

K THIS IS RANDOM BUT A LITTLE bit ago you told me how you got your pix so cute i need more bright color in mine i think you went to a web site what was it again/

Mark&Noelle Taylor said...

oh and answer me on my blog

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin