It's December and I am having a hard time feeling that Christmas excitement.
I know.
ME!
Having a hard time getting into it?
(If you really do know me you know that I am as giddy as a school girl at Christmas time)
I have felt a little down.
I've had a grumpy, teething Andy.
This is a close up of what his expression was
in EVERY one of our family pictures we took over Thanksgiving.
Gruuummmpppy Pants!
(It does make me laugh a little though :) )
This boy
has been scouring every toy add telling us what he definitely NEEDS for Christmas, including a Spongebob Squarepants Laptop. Eck! He's seen that show once (by accident) and already knows the theme song.
Yuck and yuck (sorry to those who are fans).
I'm pretty sure Santa agrees with me.
However, as I sat here today watching the horrible things on the news, I started to look around my house.
There were my Grandma's Christmas ornaments on our little tree.

My grandma's handmade wreaths


and odds and ends.

My grandma's hand painted Santa Claus winking at me.

My Grandma Elkins loved Christmas more than anything. She gave that love to my Mom who passed it on to me. My Grandma passed away the day after Christmas (many years ago) with her Christmas things surrounding her. Including the most important one - the manger scene.
How soon did all those sad feelings vanish as I looked at those "pieces" of my grandma.
Those things made by her hands.
How blessed I feel that He was born
so that I can feel that peace from knowing I will see her again and all my loved ones.
Because of Him, I will hold my Grumpy Pants and my overeager 4 year old and I will be happy this Christmas.
I love the Christmas season!
I know.
ME!
Having a hard time getting into it?
(If you really do know me you know that I am as giddy as a school girl at Christmas time)
I have felt a little down.
I've had a grumpy, teething Andy.
This is a close up of what his expression was
in EVERY one of our family pictures we took over Thanksgiving.Gruuummmpppy Pants!
(It does make me laugh a little though :) )
This boy
has been scouring every toy add telling us what he definitely NEEDS for Christmas, including a Spongebob Squarepants Laptop. Eck! He's seen that show once (by accident) and already knows the theme song.Yuck and yuck (sorry to those who are fans).
I'm pretty sure Santa agrees with me.
However, as I sat here today watching the horrible things on the news, I started to look around my house.
There were my Grandma's Christmas ornaments on our little tree.
My grandma's handmade wreaths
and odds and ends.
My grandma's hand painted Santa Claus winking at me.
My Grandma Elkins loved Christmas more than anything. She gave that love to my Mom who passed it on to me. My Grandma passed away the day after Christmas (many years ago) with her Christmas things surrounding her. Including the most important one - the manger scene.
How soon did all those sad feelings vanish as I looked at those "pieces" of my grandma.
Those things made by her hands.
How blessed I feel that He was born
so that I can feel that peace from knowing I will see her again and all my loved ones.Because of Him, I will hold my Grumpy Pants and my overeager 4 year old and I will be happy this Christmas.
I love the Christmas season!
3 comments:
What great Christmas decorations. That is fun that your grandmother passed the love of Christmas down to you. Get some hot chocolate and watch a Christmas flick tonight!
Your house looks so super darling! I love it! I love it even more knowing it has a sweet grandma behind it. Let's do play date at my house this week, are you in? I'll call you!
Ummm I almost cried as I read your post! Thanks for reminding me to look at the little things. You are cute!
Post a Comment