Friday, January 16, 2009

The Marathon Begins . . . .

Okay, everyone! Let the picture marathon begin! I decided to start slow on the picture sharing. As a mom you can get a liiiitttle carried away. So, I am starting with our lovely stay at the hospital. If you dislike labor stories skip on through to the pictures :)

I have always said that I am jealous of those mothers who get to have the fast, easy, simple deliveries. Christopher's labor was long, tiring, and I pushed for 3 and 1/2 hours. Blah. So, I figured this one would be somewhat similar. Well, I was WRONG! My labor really began on the morning of January 9 and was not too painful. They were about 5 minutes apart all day long but I figured he must not be coming if they weren't that painful. Davin drove home from work and we took our time getting over to the hospital, sure they were going to send us home. Well, they checked me and I was at a 5 so I got to stay. Yippee! The contractions started getting a little stronger and so they said the epidural could be put in any time I wanted. The doctor told me that he didn't think I was going for a while so I should maybe wait until I was further along. Well, for some strange reason I said, "No, I'll take it now." Little did we all know, only about 20 minutes later Andrew was on his way out! I'm going to admit that I am a little wimpy so I was soooo grateful I decided to get the epidural when I did :) Strange as it may sound, Davin and I had so much fun in the hospital waiting for Andrew's arrival. We goofed around with our funny nurses, watched some football, and enjoyed a nice little date. Ha ha! I feel so lucky! Our little Andrew didn't make a sound when he was born and they were worried at first. But, now we realize that that's just how our little guy is. He is observant and sweet. We adore him and are so happy to have him in our family.



I love my guys!

7 comments:

Scott said...

Congratulations! January 9th is a great day to be born! (It's my birthday too).

Shayla said...

oh he's SO CUTE! :)

Eva said...

I am ready and up for the marathon. You can just put all you want up there or send them straight to me. This grandma cannot get too many.

The Edstrom Family said...

cute!!!! we can't get enough of your pics- congrats guys!

Ken and Jos said...

Oh, how sweet is he. Dude, you look sooo good for just having a baby. I mean I can't see you all, but that picture was a good one of ya ;-) Cute picture of Christopher and his little bro too. They are going to be best buds. I'm glad your labor went fast for you, that's awesome!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the marathon!

Kimberly said...

What great pictures! You guys are a great looking family! Andrew looks sweet! Good luck with keeping an eye on Christopher now!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin